The SSM2142PZ is a Balanced Line Driver that converts a single-ended input signal to a balanced output signal pair with high output drive. By utilizing low noise thermally matched thin film resistors and high slew rate amplifiers, it helps maintain the sonic quality of audio systems by eliminating power line hum, RF interference, voltage drops and other externally generated noise commonly encountered with long audio cable runs. Excellent rejection of common-mode noise and offset errors is achieved by laser trimming of the onboard resistors, assuring high gain accuracy. The carefully designed output stage of the SSM2142 is capable of driving difficult loads, yielding low distortion performance despite extremely long cables or loads as low as 600R and is stable over a wide range of operating conditions. Based on a cross-coupled, electronically balanced topology, the SSM2142 mimics the performance of fully balanced transformer-based solutions for line driving.
• Transformer-like balanced output
• Drives 10Vrms into a 600V load
• Stable when driving large capacitive loads and long cables
• Low distortion (0.006% typical 20Hz to 20kHz, 10Vrms into 600V)
• High slew rate (15V/ms typical)
• Low gain error (differential or single-ended, 0.7% typical)
• Outputs short-circuit protected