The MCP4011-202E/SN is a 6-bit Digital Potentiometer can be configured as either a potentiometer or rheostat. The wiper setting is controlled through a simple up/down (U/D) serial interface. It is intended to be used in applications where a programmable resistance with moderate bandwidth is desired. The digital potentiometer is available in four nominal resistances (RAB), where the nominal resistance is defined as the resistance between terminal A and terminal B. There are 63 resistors in a string between terminal A and terminal B. The wiper can be set to tap onto any of these 63 resistors thus providing 64 possible settings (including terminal A and terminal B). The VDD pin is the device's positive power supply input. The input power supply is relative to VSS and can range from 1.8 to 5.5V. A decoupling capacitor on VDD (to VSS) is recommended to achieve maximum performance.
• Simple up/down (U/D) protocol
• power-ON recall of default wiper setting
• 10ppm Typical ratiometric (potentiometer)
• 75R Typical low wiper resistance
• Up to 12.5V high-voltage tolerant digital inputs
• 1µA Maximum static current low-power operation