The DS1808Z-050+ is a dual log digital potentiometer in 16 pin NSOIC package. Each potentiometer is comprised of 32 wiper terminal positions plus a mute position. The device has three accessible potentiometer terminals that include the high-side terminal (H), the low-side terminal (L) and the wiper terminal (W). It has the resolution of 1dB per step for the first 12 taps, 2dB per step for the next 12 taps and 3dB per step for the bottom 8 taps providing a total attenuation range of 60dB. The mute position of the DS1808 provides resolution greater than 90dB attenuation. DS1808 is designed for low-cost, stereo volume control applications.
• Supply voltage range is 4.5V to 13.2V
• Operating temperature range from -40°C to 85°C
• Wiper position is selected by 6bit register
• 2-wire interface with two control signal SDA (serial date I/O) and SCL (serial clock)
• End to end resistance is 45Kohm at ±20% tolerance and temperature coefficient is 750ppm/°C
• Powered from dual ±12V supplies