The MAX730ACSA+ is a 5V, step down, current mode PWM DC to DC converter in 8 pin NSOIC package. The MAX730A accepts inputs between 5.2V and 11V and delivers 450mA for inputs above 6V. Typical efficiencies are 85% to 96%. Quiescent supply current is 1.7mA and only 6µA in shutdown. Pulse width modulation (PWM) current mode control provides precise output regulation and excellent transient responses. Output voltage accuracy is ±5% over line, load and temperature variations. Fixed frequency switching allows easy filtering of output ripple and noise using small external components.
• Single preselected inductor value, no component design required
• Cycle by cycle current limiting
• High frequency current mode PWM architecture
• Overcurrent limiting, undervoltage lockout and programmable soft-start protection
• Cell Phones; Computer Peripherals; Distributed Power Systems; Personal Communicators; Portable Instrumentation